Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Hundred

Yay, today my blog turns one hundred posts old!

This sketch isn't supposed to represent that fact, it's just the sketch of the day. And I think it also works for this week's Illustration Friday theme, "climbing." Although maybe it is more like ascending. I used to participate in I.F. all the time, but haven't for awhile, and it occurred to me that as long as I'm doing a sketch-a-day thing, I might as well do something for Illustration Friday while I'm at it.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your landmark post.
    It is a sweet drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i kinda feel sad...

    but congrats on the 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a charming illustration! A sad occasion that seems celebratory and happy ever after! The way death should be really! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweety!... It's really hard to lose a cat.However, your drawing is calm and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured a sad moment in a somewhat uplifting way. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:56 AM

    Oh wow, that's beautiful. I was going to say it was sad, but actually it's not so sad after all - she doesn't look too sad, she seems to know where he's going.

    I adore your style - I'm going to have to come back here. :)

    Congratulations on you 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:12 AM

    Congrats! You're a 100! Well, you look lovely! I love your drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Happy blog milestone! Dead or alive, I love your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Celebrated with a great drawing too. I also really enjoyed the "Chess Sharks" drawing.

    ReplyDelete